Cultural atmosphere and local geography (language, ethnicities, unique characteristics):
- Mossi, Peuhl. Mooré and French spoken.
How to get there and away (major bus stations with schedules and prices, taxi brousse options):
- Ouaga to Manga: Rakieta twice daily (by Grande Marché) or bush taxi throughout the day (Gare Routière)
1500 CFA, 100 km., about 2-3 hours
Places to stay (prices, location, description):
- Auberge de L’Amitie (Built in 2005)
Double rooms: Fan 4800 with communal toilets, A/C 12,500 with toilets in room
Very nice! Clean and new!
- When arriving on paved road from Ouaga, on right hand side before reaching “centre ville”
Internet (times, prices, location, connection speed):
- At Lycée, open to public on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday evenings 3-5:00 during school year; more availability during the summer. Great connection, 500 FCFA/hour. Contact the Proviseur of the Lycée for additional hours.
- Another cyber café in town with slow connection
- Every three days
- Two large ones by the marché. Others scattered around.
- Restaurant at Auberge de L’Amitie is good, quiet, clean
- La Fiesta is also popular.
- Many others scattered around
Street food and snacks:
- All available by season: fruit, peanuts, grilled corn, fried cakes, sesame cakes, fish, meat, etc.
- To, rice and sauce, etc. available throughout day and in evening around marché.
- La Fiesta (restaurant, dancing)
- Others scattered around town
- Artisan Center in Manga
- Nazenga Game Park outside of Po (50-41-36-17) Known for elephant and bird sitings. Must rent a car to enter park. Best during dry season.
- Sawana Resort between Manga and Nobéré (15 miles). Scheduled to be completed in 2006.
- Safari 2000 Campement in Nobere, located next to Po National Park
- Village of Tiebele, 30 km. from Po. Historical site, tours given.